Of all places I did not expect something like this to come to me as I was watching Brat Camp - It's a UK television series about young teenagers being taught different life skills and ways to deal with life itself. It comes the Anasazi foundation, and they run a therapeutic course in the Arizona wilderness in the USA, where they take spiritual approach to fixing broken families based on native American philosophy.
In a recent episode during the Mums and Daughters series I heard this quote and it made me feel the need to share it.
"....You have a lot of strengths, if you'll let them come through, but i think you hide a lot of this stuff behind your anger. And that's how most of us deal with sadness, is to cover it up by anger. It's much easier to be angry, its much more powerful than it is to be sad. Sad makes us feel weak." - Fred Dodini [Clinical Director, Anasazi]
This quote or statement as you like, feels so powerful to see, hear and to even read. I can see this has been applied to my life lately, especially on occasions where I've built up an expectation of something or someone, and it hasn't gone my way. Saying this makes me feel selfish, but to understand it I feel empowered. Nobody likes to feel weak. We all want to be powerful in one part of our lives or another whether it be in our occupations, our relationships or within ourselves.
I'm leaving this short so you can think about it. Think about the times you have covered up sadness with anger? please comment and release these thoughts.
Thanks,
Jen xx
No comments:
Post a Comment